23A

Venture Resources

1. Adaptability
V: I'm extremely open and willing to changing the idea and the execution of my idea: the goal is to just make something successful
R: Typical business owners tend to be stiff on the vision and the excecution,, however I am open on both fronts, especially since I'm so early in the process.
I: This resource of mine is inimitable because the way that I think of an work through issues is unique to the techniques of other entrepreneurs.
N: This resource cannot be substituted; if one is not adaptable, a lot of potential is wasted.


2. Bootstrapping / Guerilla Marketing experience
V: This skill is valuable because when starting a business it is necessary to be able to sustain your idea with very few resources.
R: Most people starting a business haven't had to bootstrap (in a business context) in the past; the experience I have isn't common.

I: Experience varies so much from person to person so mhy expereince and skills are unable to be imitated
N: This skill is a necessary element when one doesn't have a lot of resources.


3. Tenacity
V: Without tenacity, tasks would not be completed over a long period of time.
R: Many find it hard to stick to a task for a long time so tenacity is a pretty rare commodity
I: Long term committment cant be faked, making them inimitable
N: Without this ability any venture is bound to fail.


4. Practical team building skills
V: Helps to build company culture
R: A love of people in addition to the knowledge of how effectively communicate is rare.
I: The methods by which I have learnt to do this are very unique
N: Every company with a decent culture utilizes this: it cannot be subsituted.


5. Logical Thinking
V: To solve problems this is a necessity
R: I'm a programmer so I spend hours improving my ability to do this
I: This trait shows in every decision one makes, cannot be imitated
N: Necessary for the sake of cohesivity.


6. Programming Experience
V: Able to "fail fast"
R: Knowing how to do this well is very difficult to be good at
I: Everyone has a different style of doing this
N: If you're building a software company, you will definitley need someone with this skill


7. Network
V: People bring about opportunities
R: A developed network is the most unique thing a person can bring to the table
I: This resource looks so different in every individual
N: Relationships build business so you have to have a network


8. Disposition
V: This resources helps to build relationships and is so different from that of my peers
R: The ability to be personable is developed over a lifetime
I: Ones true personaity will shine through eventually
N: People skills can't really be replaced, they're necessary in every business setting


9. Design Skills
V: Design is what will intice people to look into a product
R: Good design skills must be worked on for years; I've already put in my mileage
I: Design is subjective but a real skill level is still very obvious
N: Bad design with a good product will hinder a business

10. Basic business skills
V: Running a business requires the skills necessary to operate
R: Most people my age don't have practical experience with running a business
I: Business skills aren't as subjective as things like design: there are proper procedures to be followed.
N: You MUST have this skill when starting a company

Comments

  1. Greetings! I enjoyed looking at the list of resources that you think will be a valuable resource to your company. Why do you think that basic business skills are critical to starting a business and what do you define them as? There have been many inventors with very little business skill that have developed an idea and become successful. Does your idea lend to this?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts