7A

Opportunity: College students, the working population and anyone with regular tasks and committments do not have great time management skills, not because they do little to manage their time, but more so because they are not taught the most efficient ways to do so.


Sammy Harrison

Do you ever have issues scheduling out your time?
Not really anymore, I used to. Its hard to figure out exactly what method works for you but I got the hang of it eventually

What is hard about doing so?
Making sure I stay ontop of all the events that need to go in my calendar is pretty hard.

What do you currently use to schedule your day?
A combination of a planner, google calendar and my reminder app.

Why do you utilize that approach?
I feel like having reminders in multiple places ensures that I don't forget anything, especially because I know how prone I am to forget to check.

Pemisin Bandy-Toyo
Do you ever have issues scheduling out your time?
Yeah all the time. I don't really have a system besides my phone calendar.

What is hard about doing so?
I know im bad at keeping track of stuff but its because I rely on my memory. If I had a system I would utilize it but I don't really know how to start so I just havent yet

What do you currently use to schedule your day?
Just my brain haha. I have my class schedule in my calendar but I already know when those are so I don't really use that much either.

Why do you utilize that approach?
Primarily because I've never had any truly urgent reason to change my current ways. Maybe once I'm super busy with class Ill get on that.

Camila Maffuz
Do you ever have issues scheduling out your time?
Sometimes, I use my planner a lot though so it isn't that difficult.

What is hard about doing so?
Every once in a while I'll forget to do so and miss something. And also when I don't have my planner on me I don't really have a great alternative; I don't really like using my phones calendar.

What do you currently use to schedule your day?
My Planner. Its been a pretty efficient tool so far.

Why do you utilize that approach?
I utilize this approach because Ive done it for years and its been working well for me.

Alexander Pagani
Do you ever have issues scheduling out your time?
Nope! Google Calendar is my best friend to be honest. The whole google platform is so integrated and there are so many tools I use to be more organized like google keeps and zapier that I think I have my life pretty well put together

What is hard about doing so?
It takes a lot of discipline to remember to throw everything into my calendar but Its almost become second nature at this point.

What do you currently use to schedule your day?
A lot of things, Google-everything, this dope app called IFTTT where you can automate workflows, zapier which is pretty similar to IFTTT, and they all connect to my phone calendar so that works nicely

Why do you utilize that approach? Im very into technology and its just proven to be the most efficient way to do things. It took a while to get to this point though, theres a lot of leg work but it really pays off in the end.

Yemi Olajubu
Do you ever have issues scheduling out your time?
Yeah, I don't ever really schedule out anything. If I gotta do it, I remember when it is and I go do it. Its that easy

What is hard about doing so?
I forget stuff every once in a while but ive gotten pretty good. I also dont have a whole lot of tasks to schedule outside of school and my part time job so every week is pretty much identical.

What do you currently use to schedule your day?
I just remember when everything is. My assignment are due at the same time every week. It aint hard.

Why do you utilize that approach? Because Im not a busy guy. If I was this would be a whole different story.

After doing these interview I realized two things. A surprising number of people are completely analog in their approach to organization which is interesting. Also, those who are organized spent a significant amount of time getting to that point. Just from these points alone I feel like I have a viable market and am excited to move forward with this process.

Comments

  1. Greetings,
    I enjoyed reading those interviews. I find that my time is so fluid that it’s difficult to set a schedule that is solid because by the middle of the week it is obsolete. I find that the best way for me to manage my time is to set objectives for myself for a certain time period. I would create a time period in which I have to do something, i.e. “Ill go to the gym 6pm-9pm.” This creates a schedule while still giving me the flexibility I need in my life.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts