12A - Figuring out Buyer Behavior

Interview 1
When is the need for a product like this most evident?
The need for this product is most obvious when I'm doing homework. I know all the things to do but I don't know when to start what tasks and which things would be the most beneficial to get done initially. This results in a very unproductive workflow.
What do you do to find a solution to this issue?
I currently have to spend a large chunk of the time that I could be studying to plan out how I'm going to spend my time. In addition, I have to consult those in a similar position as I am like classmates and friends to see how they're approaching the issue.

Interview 2
When is the need for a product like this most evident?
The need is very clear when writing software for the company I work for. It's really hard to code efficiently without some type of plan made before hand and since I'm not very proficient at this part of the job I waste a lot of time.
What do you do currently to deal with this issue?
I have to consult my coworkers to get a better sense of how they plan out their code. In all honesty it seems to be a pretty uniform issue across this field. When you start a new project it's so easy to just want to get straight into development because it takes so long but if we spent that time planning our projects would be more efficient but take longer to make/.

Interview 3
When is the need for a product like this most evident?
I see it most often when planning for events. I work in a psuedo management position to plan events for gator crawl and it seems to be a whole team dynamic of not knowing where to start but being well aware of the issue at hand. I think that some way of at least giving some guidance and getting the ball rolling in those initial stages of ideation would be a useful tool.
What do you currently do to deal with this issue?
We as a team have long stretches of time where we brainstorm and try as hard as possible to come up with creative solutions to all of the challenges that arise when planning events. These are a good experience but aren't very efficient and, partly because of how many people are involved in the planning process, result in us scrambling to get tasks done at the last minute.

Overall, in these interviews it seems that the need is real and it stretches across more field than I was previously aware of. I think that if some of the brainpower necessary to plan is utilized for the actual creation process of these individuals, they would benefit greatly.

Comments

  1. Hey Oluwaseyi, nice job with the interviews. It was a pretty smart choice to interview people in different fields, it showed that the issues in present everywhere. This can make it easier to plan your product, but it also has some drawbacks, since now you have to think of a way to make it fit into more fields. I'm interested in seeing where you go with this. Good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Oluwaseyi! Fantastic job getting a range of interviews from consumers with different needs. I wish you would've described the person you're talking to at the start of each interview so I had an idea of the consumer and their lifestyle. It seems like this is a product that definitely appeals to multiple market segments. Keep up the amazing work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Greetings! I work often in people management and I find that the most difficult part of starting a new project is the entry point. People tend to struggle with finding an entry point to large projects that are vast in scope. If these projects are new, they are even more difficult. An automated system of organizing these actions will benefit many different businesses in different industries.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts