25A

Existing Market

I think that when it comes to the market of organization and calendar applications, I'm right on the upcoming wave of new software. It will mostly be based on machine learning in the future so I believe that I'm jumping on this train at the right time.

Question to customers: What should we be doing that we aren't planning to do?

Customer 1

I believe that to make an idea like this successful, a lot more consulting with people who currently work with organizational tools should be done, whether those products are directly related or not. At the end of the day this is being made for the people so a disproportionate amount or research should be done before you spend a year making a huge piece of software. 

Customer 2

I think that when you do start selling this, the main focal point of the marketing is the "smart" element of the product. That word really speaks to the time that we live in and can insinuate a lot about the capabilities of what youre making.

Customer 3

Although this is an application based on the productivity of its users, some sort of element that takes into account the recreational habits of your users would bring a lot of value; People are a lot more than just their jobs/ occupations.


I think that our venture definitely has to do a lot more research. Feedback such as the recreational uses of software like this was something I havent really thought about before. This could even branch out into being a sort of journaling/ experience documentation element of the product. 

Another benefit of doing these interviews is (ironically) thinking more deeply about the efficiency of building the product. I don't want to spend a bunch of time building something that only I am going to use. I think that drives home the point that more research is essential. 

New Market

A potential twist to the initial idea of increasing the productivity of users that were already busy, working professionals, is the idea of creating a product that increases the productivity of those who don't have a large work load and can help them network and create opportunities for themself.

Question to customers: What adaptations to this service would make it more successful?

Customer 1

I think that something you could implement that would help me be more productive is a feature that takes my tasks and automatically schedules out a day for me. I work well with a schedule but can never make one for myself.

Customer 2

Something else that could be cool in this app is a reward system for doing the tasks that you set out to accomplish. This could help lazy people be more accountable.

Something that I learned about this market is that the use of incentives to get things done is apparently a lot more effective than I previously thought.  Additionally, seeing tasks being completed on a user interface is very rewarding for those who are trying to become more efficient.

This new market is definitely interested and could be explored more later, however, I think that I prefer the initial venture concept and will invest time into refining that idea.

Comments

  1. Greetings! Our ideas are very different. I am selling a service/product to a consumer/supplier. In this way though, we have similar products. You are selling a service to your customers that they will use to develop their ideas and organize their tasks and their lives. You are giving them peace and order which is a very good product to sell. More research will only make your idea stronger.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts