29A

Part 1.
Opportunity
The opportunity for this idea is pretty large. Entrepreneurs are always looking for better and more effecctive ways to solve problems so a software that could take away some of the pressure that comes along with managing time and tasks would be extrememly beneficial. One of the things that I think would benefit entrepreneurs the most are tools that could not only assist in the completion of tasks but could simultaneously teach the user the best and most efficient ways of going about sorting their tasks and information.
It seems to be the case that, although machine learning is definitely becoming a staple of software, ther are many places in which it could be utilized better. I think that the opportunity to create a tool like this would increase the productivity of thiose with busy lifestyles.
After my customer I realized that a large issue that is had by consumers is the problem of knowing what software to get and how to integrate all of the tools that they use. My goal is to make this software the sole organizational software needed by a consumer and, if they still desire to take advantage of the features of other software, integration will be made availible for those platforms. Another customer issue was the problem of a lack of customizability in the very layout of an application. I think that, especially with software that is helping one become more organized, having a way to organize the UI of the user is extremely important. My goal is to make this customizability automatic and, using machine learning, able to discern what the optimal layout for the individual user is. Hopefully, after utiilizing these suggestions, the excecution of the idea that I have for this product will be successful.

Innovation
The product is a user friendly mac/ desktop/ mobile app in which your time can be scheduled, tasks can be organized and ideas can be recorded. Information can be imported or synced from most all other calendar/ organizational platforms and will integrate with this new software seamlessly. The software will be formatted in more of a game-like structure than that of a typical program. Along with the features listed, you will have a virtual companion who, while one goes through their day to day use cases, learns and configures the platform to the most efficient use of the user. If one feature is used a disproportionate amount more than another, it will be the first thing to show up to the user, if the calendar is used a lot more that the note taking feature, that is what will end up having the most screen time by default, Additionally, suggestions will be made to the user after regular use as a way to boost productivity. There could even be a suggestion section where events, websites or any content that seems related to the user’s habits or could increase productivity will go. There is a lot of ideation that can go into refining this idea but the end goal is to really make the product seem “smart”. 
The key to bringing this idea to consumers will be marketing. I plan to have a slow onboarding process at the beginning, offering the software free of charge to influencers and popular names in the local startup community. Once those relationships are established and the increasing power of influencer marketing is taken advantage of, the product will become available to consumers, with a price tag of between $10 and $30 a month. I understand that there are plenty of products that can do the same types of things for free but with the co-sign of successful entrepreneurs and influencers, the temptation to try it out will be evident. This same worry was had by products like monday.com but they have a similar business model that has made them into one of the most profitable pieces of team management software available on the market.

Venture Concept 
Currently the competitors are companies like Trello, the Google ecosystem, Notion etc. None of these competitors, however, have fully taken advantage of the possibilities available with artificial intelligence. Even google, arguably the most recognizable company ever made, hasn’t really implemented the concept of machine learning into their calendar/ organizational structure.
In order to organize this business I would utilize a few strategies. Firstly, and probably most importantly, I would take advantage of the fact that I live in a college town. Plenty of students are willing to work for free as interns to get experience and have great ideas and insights regarding what could be done to make the product more applicable to what their life is like. I would start off with a small team of people that I am already acquainted with: building company culture is one of the largest priorities at the beginning of a venture like this. 

Minor Elements
The most important resource that will be possessed by the members of the venture will be our network. Already having such great access to resources and people in gainesville like my friends working at companies such as ApexTek, Charlotte AI, Sharpspring and Chromatic Games will allow me to not make as many mistakes during the initial stages.
The next for the venture is incorporating more software that works seamlessly with the initial product: maybe a POS system or finance software, something else that can bring value.
As an entrepreneur I want to create great products and businesses with the user in mind. I hope to create several branches of my software company, specifically relating to art and the promotion of artists. This venture will give me the confidence and experience to get there.

Part 2.
I did not recieve any feedback on my work, however, I felt that the weakest part of my venture concept was the explanation of the opportunity that there is for this idea to be successful. I think that if I had foccused more on the customer feedback rather than my interpretation of what the cutomer feedback meant it could have been a bit more refined the first time around.

Part 3.
As a result of my lack of feedback, I didn't really have anything concrete to change my idea off of. I changed my explanation of the opportunity and I think that that can mold and change the product after some actual iteration has been done. Overall I am pretty happy with my venture concept and very excited to begin working on it.

An example of a great User Interface


Comments

Popular Posts